Monday, September 27, 2010

My Profile

About Me and Who I'm Looking For:


No one believes that I am (almost) 23. I find myself fitting in with everyone around me and finding some similarity between us. I think there is a lot to learn from everyone around me. 

I tend to be a pretty happy person and am always working on trying to find the good in the situation. When something overwhelms me I try to take it out on the pavement - running is my anxiety killer. I hope to find someone who can enjoy and appreciate that as much as I do. It's a part of my past and will be a part of my future. I don't think it is necessarily important to specifically be a runner, but staying active is key. 

I moved to Philadelphia in July of last year for a job and didn't know anyone. Since then I have joined a couple of volleyball teams, taken up yoga and occassionally go to a running group and have made some good friends. Just recently I moved into Center City and enjoy trying new places, meeting up with co-workers and friends, and exploring what Philly has to offer. It is important to me to get out of the house and do something! That being said I also really like a nice night in watching a movie and cooking dinner. 

Family and friends are very important to me and it's a must that the guy I meet has those same values. I would like a guy who wants to not only be involved in that aspect of my life but for me to also be involved in that part of his life. 

After moving around in my company I think I landed in a pretty good position and enjoy working, but it's not my life. I value the time off of work more than the time at work and want someone who is the same way. 

In the next couple of years I see myself taking a few vacations and traveling to pretty much anywhere. Some of the spots that I really want to see are areas in the South Pacific, South America and most of Europe. I have been to a few European countries and definitely want to do more exploring. I spent about 5 weeks in Tuscany a few years ago and am trying to keep up with the little Italian I know. Meeting someone who would like to join me would be great.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


for fun:

I like going to the movies, hanging out with friends, trying new places in the city, trying new activities, running and working out, going to yoga, playing volleyball, cooking, and sometimes just hanging out.


my ethnicity:

I take a little pride in my Polish, Irish, and Slovak heritage (mostly when it comes to food!).


my religion:

I grew up Catholic but don't follow it anymore. I have not done enough exploring yet to define myself to any one religion in particular. I do like the philosophies of eastern practices.


favorite hot spots:

I enjoy going to a place where I can have a couple of drinks and do some dancing or sometimes try out new places for dinner. I also love to travel...In the US: southern beaches and places with awesome fall trees; Outside US: Europe.


favorite things:

The Avett Brothers, Ryan Adams, The Cranberries, Iron & Wine, Mad Men, Dexter, Seinfeld, all foods are my favorite foods. I like being girly, getting pedicures and dressing up, but i also really like just hanging out and having a good time too.


last read:

The last novel I read was the Forgotten Garden. The last self help book I read was Lift Like a Man, Look like a Goddess. The last magazine I read was Vogue.


my pets:

I have a blue beta fish and his name is Shark.

No comments:

Post a Comment