Monday, September 27, 2010

Give Me a Little Somethin' Somethin' More

I ended up getting a pita stuffed with roasted lamb, lettuce, onion and tahini sauce. I can't remember the name of it, but it was delicious. Oh, right...the date.

I went into this date knowing that I was going to end it with the Lebanese guy. The last date was kind of boring and awkward and I just didn't want to go through that again. Shouldn't the first few dates be fun and exciting with a feeling that I want to continue the date even when the date is over? I just didn't get that feeling. I also wasn't attracted to him, so there's that too. He is attractive, but I'm just not attracted to him.

The date started out ok. I was not being weird or awkward or bitchy and neither was he. Then it happened. I am not positively sure why he brought this up on a third date, "So, what do you look for in a guy?" How do you answer that? Seriously every answer is the same: funny, smart, honest, reliable, etc. I think he was trying to have me convince myself that he was all of those qualities. I said we don't have anything in common. He said - we are both active, we both like to go to the movies, hang out with friends and do stuff. He made the very valid point that everyone likes to do those things. It actually got me thinking - why do I NOT like him? I sort of felt guilty for not giving him a long enough chance. After all, he said these things take longer than three dates.

And, that's when it hit me: "these things". What is that? I don't know that I am looking for "things" on match. I am just on there to enjoy myself and meet new people. If something comes from it (verb: I see something happening within the first two dates) then great! I am not about to start something from nothing and try to work at it right away. Perhaps we do have the things that everyone has in common in common with each other, but shouldn't there be more? Just a little something extra, a little pizazz perhaps?

 

2 comments:

Tiara said...

gotta have that "zsa zsa zsu"

ReadySetBlog said...

hahhahaha. you know it.

Post a Comment