Sunday, October 17, 2010

Old(er) Men

In the past few weeks I have had a couple of emails from slightly old(er) men. The blog is called search for a silver fox...they don't know that, but perhaps I give off some kind of clue in my profile: "Looking for stud-ly older man, preferably with silver hair and nice teeth." Ok, so I only put that up as my tagline for max 24 hours.

I'll start with the younger of the two. I don't remember his name and I'm too lazy to go to match and look it up. Regardless, let's call him old stud. He's 38. My age range on the site is 23 to 33 and he's not in it, but figured he'd give it a go anyway. The email was simple: here's my number, let's chat because I don't like email. He asked if I was free this weekend. No, I'm not free. I respond saying that I am busy and will get in touch with him the following week. Next week rolls around and I get another email from him. I initially think that he is going to start saying something of value instead of this crap about not liking email. FAIL. The same email from the previous week shows up in my inbox.  I might excuse this if the email was a little different, perhaps reiterating that he hates email OR if he actually wrote me a new message...BUT his email was a reply to my email which was a reply to his original email saying the e.x.a.c.t. same thing! Get a life and grow up.


After being totally turned off by those rubbish emails I was delighted to see an email from a new man in my inbox. The subject line said something like "An Email to a Lovely Lady". This could certainly be interesting. Click. Email opens. What a lovely and thoughtful email. He read my profile, liked what he saw and responded. I'm guessing he liked what he saw because I was 23 and he is...................................59. Hahahhahahahhahahhahhahahhaha. Yes, he sent a nice email. Yes, he has accomplished a lot. Yes, he enjoys the finer things in life. Yes, he has free time to hang out. THAT'S BECAUSE HE'S RETIRED. Inappropriate...grow up. 







No comments:

Post a Comment